I'll just cut right to the chase. I failed, so so bad! I asked some of my blogger friends for tips on how to apply these. I first tried foil glue, which didn't work at all because I made the mistake of trying some cheapo foil glue. I then tried clear nail polish, that didn't work either. I finally chose the last option someone told me about, and painted the back of each pattern the color I painted my nails, so it would work as sort of a decal. Let me just say, THIS IS NOT HOW TO DO IT! BPS rules for application below:
1. Prepare your nail bed by shaping, pushing cuticles back and removing all oils (do this using professional nail prep eg scrub fresh or nail polish remover.
2. Apply a base coat, and wait it dry.
3. Apply nail polish(dark color is better), wait it dry, and apply the polish again, wait it dry(not totally dry, a gentle fingerprint is left on the nails when you press your finger on the nail)
4. Press foil shiny side up, onto the nail and rub over using your finger, or for a better more precise application, use a rubber hoof stick. (for best results cut a piece of foil of the length just big enough for the nail, its easier to control and apply flat). Different colors of foils can mixed on the nails
5. Remove the foil and the foil pattern should be stuck to your nail. If a bit is missing, just apply the top coat to the part not taken and repeat to step.4
6. Once completely dry, apply a coat to protect the foil.
These foils are absolutely stunning and I wish I'd had more luck. But hey, at least I tried! I can't be successful the first time I try at something all the time.
If you'd like to try these foils ($1.59 USD) for yourself, you can purchase them here. Don't forget to use my code AMABK31 or click the banner below!